Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I've Been "Kept"

As the close of the semester ends at the speed of light, there has been a silent meditation in my heart that I cannot shake. It goes something like this:

"Oh how He keeps me."

This year has been somewhat of a blur. Not at all what I expected. Which in essence, should never surprise me, yet it continually does season after season. Honestly, it is early in the morning and I had a few moments to tap at these keys so I thought I would get it out there. I have no formed words to express this meditation as of yet. So for the time being, I will leave you with the words of the apostle Paul to his "true son in the faith," Timothy:

"Remember Jesus Christ, risen from the dead, the offspring of David,
as preached in my gospel, for which I am suffering, bound with chains
as a criminal. But the word of God is not bound! Therefore I endure
everything for the sake of the elect, that they may obtain the salvation
that is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory. The saying is trustworthy, for:

If we have died with him, we will also live with him;
if we endure, we will also reign with him;
if we deny him, he also will deny us;
if we are faithless, he remains faithful--

for he cannot deny himself.

I identify with the close of this passage. His faithfulness is what has kept me, not mine. And THAT is for another blog. Be strong in the Lord today in His might. Seek His face continually...without Him we can do nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment