Sunday, January 31, 2010

A Simple Thought

Today when I was listening to a lesson on prayer, we read Revelation 12:11 which says, "And they have conquered him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, for they loved their lives even unto death." We were discussing how faith in Christ that is rooted in the Word, coupled with the blood of Christ and the word of our testimony will give us daily victory over the enemy of our souls.

In the class the instructor, John, shared with us some instances of new believers who upon their salvation picked up and traveled all over the country sharing their testimony with others. Yet, because they only had the "word of their testimony" their "ministries" quickly perished and some of them are unheard of today.

It was after John had told us this that I was reminded of the daily commitment that God is wanting from me. The "word of my testimony" can only take me so far. I must plunge deeper in the living Word of God so that my roots will be secured in the Word's unshakeable foundation. In doing so, I will be unmoved when the winds and storms do blow...because they most certainly will. Not only will I be firmly planted in Truth, but the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart will be the very words of the Father. Men will only hear Truth uttered from my lips as I feast upon the precious Word.

Jesus promised us times of testing, persecution, and natural disasters. Yet, those who set their hope and meditation in the Word of Truth will not perish but inherit everlasting life. Oh, how I pray that my ultimate delight would be in the Word! Let us be like the pslamist who wrote of the blessed man, "But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in season, and its leaf does not wither. In all that he does, he prospers" (Psalm 1:2,3).

Go now...be with Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment