Monday, June 22, 2009

He's consistent... I am not.

In my previous post I mentioned how God's sovereignty has been revealed to me in a different way since I have arrived in Washington.  God has been repeatedly making me aware of my inconsistencies and shortcomings in light of His unconditional love, patience, and goodness.  He is gently leading me to a place of rest and peace in who He is.  His plan hasn't changed because I am in a different setting with different people and ways of doing "ministry."  His love hasn't changed and His purpose to grow me and shape me into His image has not been tossed out the window.  God is intentional... I am not.  I, on the other hand, struggle with intentionality.  God sees the big picture, I get overwhelmed with what is in front of me. 

He is teaching me a lot about His character.  By doing this, He is developing in me a greater love and respect for Him and His Word.... (to be continued).

No comments:

Post a Comment